Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Blog #2: Alma's back in latest F.E.A.R. 2 trailer

Yay! Blog #2 of forced topics! Woo hoo! No longer can I discuss reviews of games! Awesome! So, the topic this week is: Find a text about someone overcoming struggle or facing a difficulty...wow, the way this is phrased, it could be linked to anything...whatever. So, for this one, I found an article about Fear 2...wait, wait, wait...sorry, I meant F.E.A.R 2...I think it stands for something. Fea...F.E.A.R is a game (now series) with a creepy little girl called Alma (these games might as well be called The Ring/The Ring 2. Anyways, the game is supposed to be scary, as the article says, but I personally don't find it very scary. Then, again, I've played the Silent Hill games which are some of the scariest games out there... Anyways, this game relies highly on pop-up scares, which (in my opinion) are cheap scares, and not atmospheric like the good scares. Also, the whole little girl thing is really a cliche. That's been overdone so many times, when is our osciety going to get past the idea of "Holy crap...little kids are so scary!"? Anyways, that's about it for this post.

No comments: