Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Full Tilt: Blog #3: Ride #2: Bumper Cars

To start off for this, an update. Apparently I don't need to summarize what happens between rides, so that won't be in these as I said in the last one. But, I still will summarize the ride, otherwise it would all just sound really weird. So, the second ride in Full Tilt is the Bumper Cars. Like the first ride, and like all of the other rides in this book, this ride transforms. As Blake, Russ, and Maggie get on, the bumper cars turn into Volvos, and the enviornment turns into a gangster war in Chicago. The riders in here (with the exceptions of Blake, Russ, and Maggie) all get way into the ride. Their previous anger shoots out and all they can think of is to kill the others, and destroy the opponenets. For example, some 10-year old girl rams into Blake and flies off the road onto a bench. Even though her head is bleeding, and he car is crashed she still is obsessed with anger. She says to Blake, "I'll get you, you stinking lousy...oh, man, you're screwed! I swear I'll get you!" She said all this in pure rage, her mind is lost. For conclusion to the ride, Blake escapes and is separated from Russ and Maggie. Oh, and of course, Cassandra attacks again. Anyways, I guess I could discuss the idea of the rides centering around Blake. This ride relates to Blake because he drives a Volvo. Also, he has many vintage models of cars in his room, and those cars are the cars that are driven by the other riders. Why this ride takes place in Chicago, I don't know. I don't believe he has any relation to Chicago, but many it's something not as important, like he watched a movie about it, or read about old wars in Chicago. Either way, it's not mentioned in the book. Woah...I went way over the amount of words needed this time. 314 words. Not counting this sentence, the previous one, or the one before the previous one. Done.

No comments: