Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A Sad and Tearful Goodbye To Chosen Articles About Videogames....and Blog #1: The Kamikaze

*cry, cry, cry, whimper, whimper, whimper* No more chosen posts...no more video game topics...no more...uh...PS3 related-stuff. It's sad really. At least the book to read can be chosen, unlike past years. I don't want to read The Complete Works of Shakspere: Volume XXXXXXXXXXVVVVVVI. The book I'm reading is Full Tilt, by Neal Shusterman. Some other famous books by him include Downsiders and Speeding Bullet. Anyways, this is Blog #1 and the topic in this book I'll be discussing for this is the ride that Blake, Quinn, Maggie, and Russ (the main characters) go on: The Kamikaze. To be honest, I still don't know what I'll be talking about at this point, but whatever, I'll wing it (that expression makes no sense). Okay, so The Kamikaze is a rollercoaster that the main characters go on very close to the beginning of the book. It is a rollercoaster with a thematic show: the track appears to dissapear as though you will...well...DIE, but it's not real. Of course, the main character Blake knew nothing about this shows, and was terrified when he saw the track fall. He actually thought he was going to die. This raises the question: What if he responded differently? Differently than just basically praying to god that is. What if he actually tried to jump off the rollercoaster during the ride, or somehow messed up something by trying to get out, and created some deadly chain reaction? By deadly chain reaction, I mean think like Final Destination 3...then again, I really doubt you've seen that Ms. Jarrett. Anyways, if he had responded differently, and somehow was injured or died, what would then happen? Could he sue them for not knowing what would happen, or is it all his own ignorance and fear? We will probably never know...oh look I'm at 301 words. Well, I'm done.

No comments: